M548A1 Tracked Amphibious Cargo Carrier
– Red River Army Depot Overhauled in March Of 1992
– 1500 Original Miles & 255 Engine Hours
– Bolt On Removable ROPS Brush Package
– RARE Fiberglass Hard Top
– Mil-spec Camouflage paint
– Top speed of 38 MPH
– 20,000Lb Self Recovery Winch
– Very Rare to find one of these units in this type of condition in civilian hands!!
– Fuel gauge is currently not operational & rear tail gate is missing.
– The M548A1 tracked cargo carrier is an unarmored variant of the M113 APC.
– This vehicle was developed in 1965. It is a general purpose transport vehicle, intended to carry cargo or ammunition to forward areas.
– Vehicle has a payload capacity of 5.45 t. It can carry three passengers in the cab and at least four in the cargo compartment.
– The M548A1 tracked carrier can be armed with a pintle-mounted 12.7-mm or 7.62-mm machine gun over the cab.
– M548A1 supply carrier is powered by Detroit Diesel 6V53 diesel engine, developing 210 hp.
– Engine is mounted behind the cab.
– Vehicle has a low ground pressure and performs well in rugged terrain.
– The M548a1 is fully amphibious on water it is propelled by its tracks.
– Vehicle can be airlifted by the C-130 Hercules. Its height can be reduced by removing top and folding windscreen.
Washington, Missouri, United States